[TowerTalk] Lightning

Roger Kissel kc8hz at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 22:45:22 EST 2007

Hi Again

With talk about lightning protection, I recall seeing a site showing a
static dissipator that looked like a fuzzy ball, placed atop the tower. It
supposedly dissipates the corona charge on the tower so the lightning
doesn't strike the tower.  I kinda shrugged and passed on from it.  I found
it while I was surfing for Rohn 45.

It consisted of a brush made out of about 200 (says them) stainless steel
wires, crimped into a holder, each bent so that the resultant product looked
kinda like a 'feather-duster'.

Does anybody know what this product is called ?

RoGrrr