[TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower Grounding (Lightning Protection)

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Fri Jan 5 20:03:43 EST 2007

A small hi-pot tester is invaluable for checking most suppressors. You can
easily check the voltage that they are supposed to break down at. Polyphaser
makes/used to make a unit called FIST for this purpose. It is a small
automatic hi-pot tester that goes to around 2kv.

With the ICE units I would guess that you would have to disconnect the coil
in them first.

73
Gary  K4FMX