[TowerTalk] Rotor Selection Advice Wanted - Heavy Duty

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Jan 8 22:19:23 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/8/2007 11:26:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  As far as I'm aware, the 2800 has been proven time-and-again  to be
incapable of holding a MonstIR in even a moderate wind.  I suggest  you avoid
needlessly repeating this mistake, and implement your prop-pitch  solution right
from the start.

    While I endorse the PP solution, the problem with  the Orion is the mast
clamp. It's big and heavy but does a lousy job of  holding a mast. The teeth
need machining - they're different lengths - and so  do the surfaces of the
nuts and bolts - the dimpled surface gets squashed down  over time and the nuts
loosen up. K7NV is the one that suggested these  problems and fixes them
himself with FB results.

    He also has lovely prop-pitches available -  expensive but lovely.

    I sell them occasionally and send them to M2 for  integration with the
Orion control box. Perhaps a better solution would be the  new Green Heron
control box.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
_www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com)