[TowerTalk] Switchable Polarization Delta Loop

George P. ab2kc at optonline.net
Tue Jan 9 20:52:01 EST 2007

Gents,
I have dual polarization on my 10 meter quad. Should be the same for an 80M.
In order for it to work, each feedpoint MUST be gamma matched AND choked off
with a 1:1 balun (coiled coax works, but lots needed for a 80M freq). If you
don't do it this way, the unused feedline will load the loop, an never work.
I spent a few months perfecting it. When done, you can try something really
interesting by feed both feedpoints with one  90 degrees different to obtain
circular polarization... reduces cross polarization QSB somewhat like
diversity receiving.
George AB2KC