[TowerTalk] W2DU Balun Bead Source

AD5VJ Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 10 22:27:27 EST 2007

 Ok well that makes sense, since it did get (and I mean extremely hot) so I made a mini heater for the shack.

Probably a good thing I took it off :0)

So the ferrite was in series with the signal path. Now this is going to take some thinking on my part to picture something I pass
the coax thru being in series.

My mind wants to think like if I cut the center conductor and put a resistor, capacitor or coil in between then that resistor, ect
is in series.

I *obviously* need to study up on the ferrite thing. I never even thought of it being in series with the signal path.

Interesting new concept for me to resolve in my head.

Thanks very much for the input. I will try and find more on the basics of this idea so I can understand it thoroughly.

Bob AD5VJ