[TowerTalk] change towers?

Ron Anderson w9rma-3 at charter.net
Fri Jan 12 00:12:20 EST 2007

While reading some of the guys talking about crank up/tilt-over towers I had
a thought.
I have a 100 ft. self supporting SSVN tower.  I have gotten to the point
that I can no
longer climbe my tower and dependent on others to climb it for me.

If I took the tower down is there a way to use the present base for a crank
up tower?

The base is 10'x10'x5', 18 yards of concrete.  Could I use the presents bolt
pattern
to make a steel frame to fit the new tower or should I drill into the
concrete and glue
in new pegs?

It would still have to be a free standing tower so I know I won't be able
to have the height that I had before because I don't have anyway to put in
guy points.

The present bolt pattern is triangle about 6'1" between centers.  I have not
checked what
the present bolt distances are on the tilt over as I just got the idea in my
head changing
so this is written on a whim.

Ron