[TowerTalk] TriEx (Tashjian) Tower

Dino Darling dino at k6rix.com
Sat Jan 13 13:05:39 EST 2007

I seem to have this discussion with people almost weekly.

Trying to get a used tower spec-ed is ALMOST impossible.  Even if you
pick up a tower from someone who HAS the original documentation, its so
outdated that it won't be accepted.  I'm even aware of a NEW tower that
was still on the pallet that wasn't accepted because it wasn't the
original owner on the invoice!

If you need to have a tower permitted, it is always easier and safer to
buy new!

If you were a manufacturer, would you want to stamp some old tower?
What if it is damaged?  What about rust and/or corrosion?  The
liability is HUGE, not to mention the loss of a potential sale.

I say this as a person who removes and resells a lot of used towers here
in Southern CA; the question comes up often!

Good luck on this ALMOST impossible endeavor!

Dino  -  K6RIX
dino at k6rix.com