[TowerTalk] Internet Antenna Elevation

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue Jan 23 11:30:37 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/21/2007 2:19:09 P.M. Central America Standard T,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  My question
As no one is suggesting anything other than a  roof guyed pole, what material
should it be made out of?

>   Aluminum?
Glass fiber?
Steel Tubing?
Could I get way with water  pipe?

    I did like the tree mounting option. I've  installed a bunch of yagis
including 2L 40M beams in trees and they work like  gangbusters. You might have a
problem with tree movement if you use a dish but  no problems with a yagi.

    How about a roof mounted tower ala' GME with a  pipe mast sticking up to
give you more height?

    Using the aforementioned materials for a pipe  mast is kind of
problematic. They'll need to be guyed before you get up too  high; you might as well go
with a real tower.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH -