[TowerTalk] phased phased verticals query

w2cdo at comcast.net w2cdo at comcast.net
Wed Jan 24 21:58:40 EST 2007

Slightly off-topic for TT but beg your forebearance:  I am really curious to know if anyone has ever tried phasing half squares as a pair of driven elements.  What would the results be at 1/8 wavelength and/or 1/4 wavelength separation?  I tried to model this with NEC but apparently I'm doing something wrong as I get no results, just a lot of whirring from the hard disk and a blank stare from the screen.  Neither 0 degree nor 90 degree phasing inputs on a pair of half squares generated any solution.

Using a pair of half squares in a parasitic array is also of great interest to me.  Again, NEC modeling fails.  Probably an operator problem, but there it is.  What happens at 1/8 wavelength spacing?  1/4?

Anybody else's curiousity piqued?

thanks in advance,

Peter, W2CDO