[TowerTalk] Stepper Antennas and Shunt Feed Towers

Tony Kazmakites tony.kazmakites at verizon.net
Wed Jan 31 17:23:24 EST 2007

Hi Don,
I have a MonstIR on top of my 80' Rohn 45 that is shunt fed for 160M.  I
find that the band the MonstIR is set for has a big impact on 160M
resonance. It seems to "work" the best with the MonstIR set for 7.050. The
elements are not grounded. So far no arcing or sputtering with 1500W. If I
do run into a problem I will try grounding the passive elements.

73,
N2TK, Tony