[TowerTalk] [Fwd: [Antennas] leds for rotor control boxes]

Joe Giacobello, K2XX k2xx at swva.net
Mon Jul 2 10:49:20 EDT 2007

I believe Gordon reposted the info which I had sent as an attachment.
Anyway, here is the text of the message:

" switched to Led replacement bulbs quite a while ago.
They don't burn out so fast.
I found that the BA9s-A 28v AC/DC
Amber LED from superbrightleds.com gave a nice light, soft, and MUCH
less heat than the old traditional type bulbs."

I should also add that the amber bulbs are fine for the rotor
controller,  The dial is directly illuminated from the top.  However,
the Titan dial faces are illuminated by light passing through them.
Since the faces are also amber, a lot of the light is reflected and the
illumination is poor.  Although I haven't tried them myself, I would
recommend the clear bulbs or the clear, high intensity bulbs for the Titan.

73, Joe
K2XX

I'm switching ALL my pilot light devices to led replacements.