[TowerTalk] Stadiums as Tower/Contest Locations

Floyd Rodgers kc5qbc at swbell.net
Mon Jul 2 14:18:43 EDT 2007

While not a stadium per se, the club I participate with has used a public park with many athletic fields for exactly the same reasons for years. The light standards ~125 feet tall, public exposure, great unrestricted views and in our case, the highest elevation in the county (almost). We always do very well as W5AUY. We support events for the local city and get the use of the park in exchange. Inviting the public officials (fire, police, city) out for a really good free meal, doesn't hurt your chances either. Now if we could just figure out how to get free air conditioning......