[TowerTalk] Telrex impedence

Paul Cassel paul at ve3sy.com
Mon Jul 2 22:39:39 EDT 2007

> Telrex stacks belong on only 2 types of towers; an old windmill and a Big
> Bertha. Anything less than that is sacrilege.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

Well my Telrex stack will be atop an 80 foot tapered solid steel leg
commercial tower with top 20 feet using 36 inch face.

This link shows the tower (with stacked HyGain monobanders involved in a
near miss with a hot air balloon.   The mast is 3 inch schedule 40.

http://www.ve3sy.com/images/hotair-visit23.jpg   We have a lot of balloon
traffic using the field across the road for landing.  This pilot did not
notice the tower and had the burners full on.  :-)

Paul VE3SY