[TowerTalk] Does anybody even make the antennas they advertise?

Larry Schimelpfenig k7sv at comcast.net
Tue Jul 3 18:33:26 EDT 2007

I don't know if the amateur radio vendors such as Texas Towers, HRO, AES
etc. are any more apt to stock larger more expensive antennas than the
manufacturers, but you might ask.

Another fine antenna that I would recommend highly is the M2 KT36XA. The KLM
KT34XA gained a reputation for being problematic. The biggest issue was with
the thin aluminum straps that connected the capacitor tubes to the elements.
With time they became loose and developed a buildup of crud between them,
the cap tubes and the elements that detuned them.

When M2 picked the line back up, they did some magnificient re-engineering.
Probably most importantly, they replaced the thin aluminum straps with
machined aluminum pieces that fit the tubes very snugly and are simply not
going to become loose. They have also designed new rugged element to mast
mounts. They also did some computer modeling resulting in even better
performance than the KLM antenna.

I'm suggesting the M2 antenna because it may be they have one in stock.

73 de Larry K7SV