[TowerTalk] Tower cable dispenses and recovers control problem?

Kirk kirk.harding at cox.net
Thu Jul 5 17:02:51 EDT 2007

I have a US Tower TX-472MDPL.  I am looking for suggestions on how to
dispense and recover multiple feeds and control cabling.   I have the remote
control (RMC-1000) but have been hesitant to use it. I'm concerned that the
cabling (coax and control) may catch on dispense or become crushed on
recovery.  I've read that some tower owner utilize a large trash container.
They allow the cabling to dispense into and out of a trash barrel.   I have
the tower cable guides and they work well.  I've tried the barrel and it
works but it's not consistent.    Sometimes the cabling may not completely
tower, manually operating the up or down switch and making sure the cabling
is where it's supposed to be.  I sure would like to use the remote control
(especially when it's raining or when encountering an approaching
thunderstorm).  So, I'm look for your ideas on how to better deal with this?

Thanks,

Kirk, K6KAR

Niceville, FL