[TowerTalk] Comtek boxes

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Thu Jul 5 23:35:20 EDT 2007

I don' think uneven ground can be compensated with either box unless you have
several pieces of field test equipment to tune the array and then it will only
hold for one direction.

The best way to deal with uneven ground is to make certain the feed points are
all at the same level AMSL. My 80 meter 4 square elements are set in concrete at
various heights AGL but are within 2" AMSL.

Several AM broadcast stations on hills (nearby Pittsburgh) have element
feedpoints as high as 20 feet to compensate for uneven ground. Yes, they still
use 120 radials!

This is prime tower and antenna growing season!

Be Safe and Enjoy!

73!
Tim K3LR