[TowerTalk] rohn 25g

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 20:44:47 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/7/2007 3:16:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I am in the process of putting up a rohn 25g and was  wondering how high I
could go with just two house brackets without  guying.  I really don't have a
lot of room for guy wires without making  the back yard a hazard.

    Current Rohn specs will typically let you go  up 16 feet or so above the
top housebracket. This is much different than the  old days before the TIA-222
Tower Standard.

    I don't understand the logic but the spec will  let you put 34 feet above
a 66-foot housebracket, albeit with 1.7 sq.ft. of  capacity @ 70 MPH.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC