[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 55, Issue 46 ***** #1 *****

Howard W3CQH hsgorden at comcast.net
Sun Jul 8 16:51:06 EDT 2007

 Message: 1
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 17:00:09 +0000
From: Al_N6TA at comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] B&W Center Insulator for dipoles
To: "Norm Duxbury" <duxburyn at bellsouth.net>, "TowerTalk"
<TowerTalk at contesting.com>

 Many thanks to Pete, Norm, Kent, Jim and Clint for the feedback on the B&W
dipole center insulator.

 No doubt I will need to fab some kind of rubber bushing to replace the long
gone original.  I recall getting this with a roll of coax and that there was
many wraps of black tape trying to do the job.  yeah, sure.

 I did scrape off the remnants of the 'goop' that had been applied.  I will
need to select a replacement that seals but won't epoxy the halves together.

 Weight does not bother me as it will not be that much more compared to the
coax hanging from it at 60' or so.  I plan on some real stiff wire and rope
and to just stretch it tight with some kind of strain relief on the rope end
coming down from the treetop from the pulley.

 Thanks again for the nice feedback!
Al
N6TA
Al,

You might want to consider using 1 of the GE RTV products to reseal the
unit.  Most of the RTV's will peel off very easily after scoring it with a
sharp object, i.e.: knife blade, etc.

Check which of the products likes the environment.

My $0.02 - 73's Howard W3CQH