[TowerTalk] Insulator/RTV

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sun Jul 8 23:34:59 EDT 2007

> I've found that most RTV's peel off easily because the acetic acid has
> corroded whatever it's in contact with.

Not all RTVs use acetic acid.  Silastic Brand RTV (TM) has both the regular
and elecronic grades. In addition they also have different grades of
adhesive (which definately do not pull off easily<G>)

> Look for a "sensor safe" type, like Permatex Ultrablack 598B.

Be *very* careful with "black" RTVs. Some use carbon black for pigment and
are not something you want in contact with conductors where you have RF
and/or high voltage.

Roger (K8RI)