[TowerTalk] Rooftop antennas

Barry Kirkwood barry.kirkwood at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 05:58:12 EDT 2007

Have no experience with high rooftop antenna mounting, but someone on the
reflector might kindly do a little terrain modelling for you.
My hunch is that a short mast on the roof supporting a beam would do the
trick, especially if close to the parapet in the most favoured direction.
For the lower bands,  indeed all  bands, I  would  first  try  a horizontal
loop around  the  perimeter of the roof.  Since interference could be a
problem, would try feeding with binocular coax. With a simple balun the
built in antenna tuner in most transceivers should do the trick, typically
such loops have moderate feed impedances.
cheers and 73
Baz ZL1DD

--
Barry Kirkwood ZL1DD