[TowerTalk] Ask the What?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jul 9 11:51:20 EDT 2007

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:55:47 -0600, Doug Renwick wrote:

>Here you are an EE and you support a report that you
>have never read, studied, or tested.

I'm not supporting a report. I'm supporting WORK done in a
scientific manner, and shared with the ham radio community.
Furthermore, to TEST their work, I would have to repeat it. I
don't have those resources, nor that expertise. Have you tested
it? Have you done ANY research and published it for the ham
community?

I don't know Ward, I've met and chatted with Steve several
times, and watched him raise a tower and antenna for a friend
in Cupertino, K6TD. These guys have contributed something to
the ham community. Yes, they have asked that we contribute to
their work by paying for it.

For the last four years, I've been doing extensive research on
RFI and ferrites as suppression tools. In doing so, I've plowed
a lot of new ground. I've published both the technical research
papers and tutorial applications notes. All of that material is
on my website as pdf for a free download. As of a month or two
ago, the tutorial on RFI for hams that I posted around in
December has been downloaded more than 100,000 times.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC