[TowerTalk] Gotham antenna

Van K7VS wa7fab at cdsnet.net
Mon Jul 9 15:31:24 EDT 2007

No only did I use one of their verticals (was always intrigued by their ads
I first started seeing in the fifties i.e. "work over one hundred countries
using the gotham vertical."  Not much of a performer on eighty as think the
overall length was around twenty something feet.  Mine came with two pieces
of EMT a couple of hose clamps and some B&W coil stock and an alligator clip
attached to s short piece of wire and a one page instruction sheet.  Buy
what the heck, think it was under thirty bucks including shipping.   BUT
WAIT A MINUTE  ....my very first quad back in the mid sixties was a two
element GOTHAM quad with bamboo spreader.  Put it up at forty feet and
kicked butt!!  Have used nothing other than quads since.  BTW, I lost it in
a freak snowstorm in Salem, Oregon just before the start of the ARRL CW DX
contest in 1966.  What a bummer.

73, Van