[TowerTalk] Guy wire tensioning.. here's my idea

R Atkins rusty_atkins at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 13:21:55 EDT 2007

I've been thinking about this and believe I have a way... there is of course some additional drag with the pulleys, rope stretch won't be that much of an issue. It goes like this..

come-along clamped to guy wire on one end, rope on the other end. rope runs through pulley on anchor (10,000lb rating in dirt, concrete top-filled, so the side load shouldn't hurt it), out to a pulley on the nearest available tree, then straight down to a platform of some sort (pallet?) with 400 lbs on it. When the weight/platform/pallet come off the ground about 1/4", tension is about right. Tighten with turnbuckle until weight is back on ground.

What do you think?

Rusty
K0FE