[TowerTalk] Yaesu GS-065 Thrust Bearing 25G installation help needed

Clint Talmadge unclebudd at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 13 09:39:20 EDT 2007

Odd that this post should come now. I was on my way to the garage where I have my 25G top section laid out across the bed of my pickup to redrill the top for my Yaesu GS-065 thrust bearing. Here is my plan.

Use masking tape to layout the pattern.

Scribe the center line between opposing pre-drilled (TB-3) holes I can see though the Blue Painters tape where the holes are so getting it centered was easy.

>From the intersection of the two lines (center of the top plate mast hole) measure half of the 85 mm center to center distance as indicated in the Layout Drawing for each of the 4 holes

Mark and drill using the center line I scribed and the distance I measured.

I will let you know if I run into any other problems but that was the only way I figured I could maintain the center of the bearing on the center of the tower top.

Clint