[TowerTalk] new tower

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Jul 14 10:33:08 EDT 2007

The tower will still move but it is not twisting as in winding up to a point
of possible fracture. The commercial site over on the next hill had 140' of
45G with the base buried in concrete and a bunch of sticks on it. After
about 15 years the bottom section fractured. The tower didnt collapse but
they replaced it with 55G on the same pad but drilled it for a pin.

We are both in a very exposed location with negative horizons and once above
the tree line the wind is almost always fairly strong even when it is dead
calm on the ground.

Carl
KM1H