[TowerTalk] Should I replace the coax?

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sat Jul 14 12:30:07 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/14/2007 8:46:00 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Planning some redecorating on the tower (TH7 stack coming  down, C31XR
going up, replacing broken 40m Yagi, etc.) this summer.   The coax runs,
some RG213 and some LMR400, are about 15 years old.   Would I see any
significant benefit by replacing them?  It will all  be coming down in
about 2 years, anyway, as I'll be relocating at that  time.  Worth the
extra work and expense, or  not?

        I wouldn't bother,  particularly if it's all coming down soon. (Where
are you going?)

        Out here on the left coast,  any change in antenna, coax, hardware,
etc. is determined by "Can the JA's tell  the difference?" They - or any DX
station - won't be able to tell in this case.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH