[TowerTalk] AB Chance anchor installation... How!?!

R Atkins rusty_atkins at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 08:05:27 EDT 2007

First off, let me thank all of you for the responses these past few days about all facets of tower installation as well as a few bits and pieces I've needed to get the job done. Its amazing how responsive and helpful this list/"reflector" is. I've been so busy installing the tower that I haven't had time to touch the computer, but all your help is VERY much appreciated.

Now,.. for the question.

How in the world do you install those 8" diameter (model 816?) screw-in ground anchors?!?!?!

We've bent a 6' long pipe  and a 8' long pipe so badly that we could hardly remove them... and these anchors are only halfway in.

There are limitations to what we can because of a heavily tree lot that we want to keep that way (so... we can't get a tractor in there).

How do you get these things screwed all the way into the ground?

Thanks!