[TowerTalk] help with interference problems

Stone, Gary R. Gary.Stone at va.gov
Wed Jul 18 08:27:42 EDT 2007

Jim and others,

Thanks for the info.  OK - another question.  Regarding the FT-240
suggestion.  Is there a suitable snap on type that would help - even if
I used several of them in a row?  My reason is the CAT5 coming from the
tower is cut to the exact length and no room to wind any on a toroid.
It would mean replacing the cable.  So, is there any help from many of
the snap on type available?  I do have some of them installed already
near the router and on one end of a cat5 run from the router to my shack
(about a 50 foot run) and I don't seem to get any help from them but
maybe I am not using the correct one?  And the size is also a little off
- they fit loosely on the cat5.  So, any chance of a snap on anything
that might help?

Gary, N5PHT

Gary Stone, BA, LCDC  J

     Case Manager, DSAP