[TowerTalk] Yagi designs?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Jul 19 21:38:59 EDT 2007

I have read W2PV's yagi antenna design book many times and there is
certainly a lot of useful information in it.  However, I believe that  his
yagi designs are not optimum.  He used equal spacing between the elements
and newer designs use closer spacing for the reflector and first director to
improve bandwidth.  Since the boom is 90 degrees from the antenna, I don't
see how it effects the pattern.  Also unless you are using insulated
elements, you need to add the elements to the boom to determine it's
resonate frequency.

John KK9A