[TowerTalk] help with interference problems

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Jul 20 00:06:36 EDT 2007

>I am wondering why anyone needs to run gigabit to their ISP
> antenna/radio, when the fastest speed you could possibly get through the
> wire from your ISP is *maybe* 8 to 10 megabit...?

Things are getting much faster in some areas.

I have 5 computers plus 10 external HDs on the network for a total of over 7
Terabytes of network storage. Two of the computers are multi core state of
the art, one is pretty much up-to-date and two are mainly used for data
backup.  I end up transferring large files across the network between
computers plus backing up data on multiple computers as well as considerable
Internet traffic. Actually I find a Gigabit network to still be a bottleneck
for data transfers.

One of my goals is to be able to control both stations by computer which
will enable me to run either, or both  stations from the house or shop. I'm
looking at solid state, auto band switching amps with auto tuners. Whether I
ever get it done or not...who knows? That's in addition to all the current
network traffic.

Roger (K8RI)