[TowerTalk] Measurement errors and power line taps. Was, AL-80 Power Taps...

Martin AA6E aa6e at ewing.homedns.org
Sun Jul 22 16:46:55 EDT 2007

Agreed.  If you truly want +/- 5% RMS to save your tube filaments,
(that's the critical thing) your typical cheap VOM does not measure RMS
and is not too accurate at what it does measure.

Fortunately, my amp PS doesn't have any taps, so I don't have to worry.
My policy is not to turn the thing on very often. ;-)

73 Martin AA6E