[TowerTalk] minimum height

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Jul 23 14:51:02 EDT 2007

The 1" was somewhat tongue in cheek. However the 1' in order to clear a coax
loop is somewhat arbitrary and not supported by actual needs.
My home made boom to mast plates are 6" to 12" tall. With a 4 el 40M KLM
getting even 2" of clearance below the plate was a chore. I had to use some
scrap 2 x 4's to rest it on while tightening the 4 mast U Bolts; then whack
the wood out with a hammer; never had any cable problems.

The 20 and 15M beams are low man on the other towers and 2-3" spacing has
proved adequate for decades.

Carl
KM1H