[TowerTalk] Feedline Coil or Loop??

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Tue Jul 24 19:32:58 EDT 2007

I place 1/2" loom over each cable and tape the looms together as a
bundle.  My guys are very near the top of the towers; so I make sure
that there is nothing to snag the cables using tape or black plastic
pipe.  My loops just rest on the top plate or on the top guys without
any retainers.

Doug/VA5DX

Set the rotator and antennas to the mid rotation point.Tape the cables
the mast and create a sweeping curve out.
Route the cables neatly in a two turn coil.   Install retainers (I use
6"
long bolts in the top plate corners) too keep the coax from slipping off
the
top plate. There is little enough movement to the cables they can even
be
taped together. (leave each turn seperate though<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
22/07/2007 7:02 PM