[TowerTalk] m2 6M7 SWR change with rain

jos hermans on4kj at skynet.be
Fri Jul 27 18:11:18 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I observed the same behaviour on my 3 elements 6m yagi.
In contrast with what Hector describes, mine became unuseable when wet, swr
became far too high and the TX shutout.
The antennae is of the type driven director and driven reflector (HB9CV).
I suppose the piece off RG58 coax, which was attached to the boom, had the
function of small capacity  as used in a HB9CV antennae .
When wet the aerial was completely detuned probably  Someone will correct me
if I am wrong.
The weight of starlings destroyed the aerial.... so no more six meter for
instance. ( With my 73 turns on the coil I can forget climbing for evedr
....hi

Jos on4kj