[TowerTalk] masts.

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Jun 1 14:18:52 EDT 2007

Calculated risk is what I called it!

If only a single antenna of any significant wind load is going to be mounted
just above the tower top plate then cast iron pipe is more than sufficient
as there is very little bending moment.

The main headache with cast pipe is getting it shimmed properly in the Ham M
style of rotator. That was one reason I got suckered into the Daiwa & Create
since they have floating mounts. Finally went with the original Orion 2300
which is still in use today after some upgrades.

Carl
KM1H