[TowerTalk] 4el Steppir vs. OB-16-3

Tadej Mezek, ve3/s51ta tadej.mezek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:47:35 EDT 2007

 HI

I know this is an old many times overchewed question (hope it will not be
the same with answers :) ) but still…I've read all previous posts on this
thematic but can not see the whole picture yet. Many talks with no final
conclusions were made, not as clear as for 4el steppir vs. c31xr where we
know who te winner is (4el steppir). I think different presentation of
antenna data (as it was many words about tbhis) should not be the only
reason why conclusions were not made yet. Might be that the antennas are
practically working the same, so it all depends what you are looking for and
which design you like more?

So what are you suggesting? Stacking steppir's or stacking OB16-3?
OB's are hard to rotate on tower if one uses side mount (so ring roto is
must), but there is no mechanical issues regarding motor failiures…..

>From what I've heard so far from people arround all except one (which had a
4 el steppir stackw which did not play as he expected) would choose
steppir.....some had OB's B4.

So which antenna would you put on, or you have.

I am looking for arguments which could lead to a final decision!

Let's face opinions

Cheers,

Ted, ve3/s51ta