[TowerTalk] 4el Steppir vs. OB-16-3

Mike Fatchett mike at mallardcove.com
Fri Jun 1 19:24:31 EDT 2007

A decent stack of just about anything will be better than the single antenna
alone.  You have another antenna to share in SO2R for one.  Stacking height
was not mentioned.  Someday 10 and 15 will be back and antennas above 70 ft
will work great at the low angle stuff but will fall off in performance when
the angle is higher.  At my location HFTA is telling me that I need to have
a lower antenna on 15 and 10 if I want to maximize my signal to certain
areas such as Europe.

SteppIR's have moving parts.  SteppIR's Break, so do all other antennas.  I
don't know if there is enough data to determine if SteppIR break anymore
frequently than XXX brand.

We should be happy that we have a number of excellent antennas to choose
from.

Mike W0MU