[TowerTalk] Single Point Ground

Dave dave.n7drk at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 10:26:46 EDT 2007

I am in the process of building my station at a new QTH and have a question about the single point ground.
I will initially be installing a Steppir on a Trylon 70' tower which is about 170 feet from the proposed shack.
The shack will be in a walkout basement room. The entry panel will be outside of this area.
The house is serviced with underground power and phone. The nearest utility pole is about 800 feet away. (above ground)
The utility power entry is located about 65 feet away on the opposite end of the house from the shack. The utility uses a UFER ground.

How should I tie/route the utility ground to my single point ground. Does the tie wire need to be routed outside and buried or can it be run through the structure or a combination of the two? (concrete driveway and sidewalks in the way outside)

Cheers, Dave - N7DRK