[TowerTalk] Telex 204 boom splice

Steve Jarrett k4fj at myway.com
Sun Jun 10 15:19:33 EDT 2007

 In a recent posting someone wanted to know how to best mount a Telex 204 (or similar) to a TIC Ring.  The answer he got said to remove the clamp which spices the two boom sections and holds the boom to mast clamp.  The idea is to replace that external splice with an internal splice so the spliced boom will lay nicely in the TIC cradle.I also want to do that same thing, but I would like a little more info regarding the splice tubing/pipe.  Is there a standard size pipe that will fit inside the two inch tubing?  Maybe 1.9" OD?
Thanks, in advance.

73, Steve, K4FJ