[TowerTalk] SteppIR cable

Perry - K4PWO k4pwo at comcast.net
Sun Jun 10 21:48:33 EDT 2007

The longer cable, due to its resistance, would act as a current limiter
preventing power supply fold-back.

Have you confirmed that the power supply is really shutting down?  The
description almost sounds like a "slow" stepper problem.  Can't say for sure
as I don't know what is in the controller "code" but this sounds a lot like
a PID loop failure that causes the controller to fault.  You may have a
binding #4 motor that will operate alone but when any other motor is in
play, and motor 4 can't get the full share of current, its slow response
causes the fault.

Just an idea as I saw something like this from a company that "outsourced"
its controllers and wasn't even aware of the "features" programmed into the
microcontroller.

73 de Perry - K4PWO