[TowerTalk] step away from stepIR

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:22:22 EDT 2007

I have a 3 element SteppIR.  I'm happy with performance, but I don't
claim it has performance superior to alternatives.  It is a
compromise.  IMO, it is the best compromise for urban/suburban
dwellers who often have to sacrifice performance in order to satisfy
the aesthetic, weight, low windload, and small tower requirements most
of us living in densely populated neighborhoods must deal with.  It's
hard to beat the aesthetics, windload, etc. of a 6 band antenna with
only 3 elements in the air when it comes to these tangential
urban/suburban requirements.