[TowerTalk] FW: RF Choke or Balun

Ron Anderson w9rma-3 at charter.net
Tue Jun 12 23:56:54 EDT 2007

Jim:
I have a Force 12 5-BA, I used 8 turns, 10 inch Diameter.  Since I run three
separate feed lines I and had to do it 3 times.  I strapped them to the boom
using tie raps and then I put black tape over the tie raps as a precaution
against ultraviolet.

Anyway they have been up there for several years and no problems yet..

Ron - W9RMA
-------------

If I were to make a new choke for my triband beam out of RG-213, how many
turns would you suggest and what diameter coil.  Is pvc pipe a good coil
form?  How far away from the connection at the driven element can it be
located.  Can I tie strap the assembly to the boom?  My antenna is a force
12 c-3 at 52' above ground.  My current choke may have been hit by lightning
at some time and works ok at 100 watts with 1.4 to 1 but at legal limit the
reflected power rises to 70%.
WB5OXQ, Jim in Waco

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:42 PM