[TowerTalk] step away from steppir, Son

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at optonline.net
Wed Jun 13 18:17:05 EDT 2007

Like ignoring solar variables, orbital dynamics, and ocean current
oscillations,  and blaming a trace gas (CO2) for global warming....
this is another one of those uncontrolled-variables-conclusions.

I don't doubt that the old Mosely beat a 3 el steppIR.
It had an old dog driving the radio who knew what do do, and
precisely when to do it.

Give me a highly experienced old coot with excess testosterone
in a pileup anyday.  It's BELIEVING you can do it, and timing it
right that often makes the difference.  (+/- 3dB)

unfortunately, that doesn't say much for the physics of the
situation.  3 el SteppIR is still noticeably (measurably) better
than anything else on a 16' boom, in a real A/B comparison.
Haven't owned a 4 el, so can't speak for that vs. 32' boom
options.  Suspect also true.

N2EA

Message: 3