[TowerTalk] Swinging Link - Link Antenna Tuner

Dan Hearn dhearn at air-pipe.com
Fri Jun 15 09:56:12 EDT 2007

I believe there was an article in QST some 30 or so years ago about problems
in using link coupling. My dim reccolection is that , when several turns are
used in the link, the inductance of the link gives a problem with obtaining
sufficient coefficient of coupling. The solution was to have a variable cap
in series with the link. The value of the cap was rather large, maybe
several hundred ppf. I think the author might have been Byron Goodman. I
tried his idea and it worked very well.
73, Dan, N5AR