[TowerTalk] Tower Consult

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Jun 16 16:57:36 EDT 2007

Hey Dick, I beat you to retirement!

Ive been up a free standing Universal tower ONCE and I'll never do it again.
As you know Ive been climbing since I was a teenager and as high as 650' but
Ive never been as uncomfortable as that completely unstable Universal. Yeah,
I hear its safe but it sure didnt feel it. Two people on one?
Fergettaboutit.

Rohn 45 can very safely have guys at 40' intervals so only 2 sets would be
required. My 180' is guyed at 4 places and the top 20' is in the clear for
easier working.

Since you probably cleared Raytheon with enough to live fat and long have
you considered a crank up/foldover US Tower?

You cant take it with you so splurge!

Carl
KM1H