[TowerTalk] Fw: SteppIR problem-update from the front lines

Robert Carroll w2wg at comcast.net
Sun Jun 17 19:38:44 EDT 2007

Bill

It's a very long shot, but I would put a scope on one of the conductors at
the shack end of that cable and see if for any oddball reason you have
induced or ground loop conductive pickup from something.  Did you try
flopping the new cable on top of the ground instead of pulling it through
the conduit?  Of course if it's already in the conduit it may not be easy to
pull it back out.  Can you try coiling up the 400'  at the tower base and
connecting it to the 80' piece going up?  If it won't run from a pile at the
bottom of the tower I am out of ideas.  Maybe for some reason the controller
can't handle the conductor to sheath capacitance of that long a run.

73
Bob W2WG