[TowerTalk] SteppIR problem-update from the front lines

Bill Carnett ah6fc at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 20:47:09 EDT 2007

Hi John,

The cable is coiled up in the shipping box, sitting at
the base of the tower.  Unfortunately I'm not able to
run it parallel to the original cable since I've taken
10 feet of the connector side of the original cable to
splice it in at the tower.

No one has come forward reporting they have a SteppIR
at more than 400 feet.  The SteppIR folks tell me that
they do have some out there.
A suggestion was made to use 2 runs of heavy duty
rotator cable and see if that works.  I'm thinking
about that but would like to avoid putting good $$
after bad, as the saying goes.  I suppose I could sell
the extra cable huh.

Thanks for the input.  I've not given up yet....but
getting close! hi hi
73, Bill