[TowerTalk] ID Beam Antenna

Chuck N7BV ck2jones at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 21:33:02 EDT 2007

GE,

For Field Day an older member of our club offered up
an old (possibly 20 years old?) antenna which we need
to ID and find a manual.for it.

It is a 4 element antenna - probably HYGAIN as it has
an almost identical center insulator and boom mount as
a HYGAIN 204BA.   Boom length is 18 feet.

Three of the elements have a single trap and are mark
with manufacture/s labels Radiator, Director and
Reflector.   There is a separate reflector which is
about 17+ ft for 10m between the DE and the Trapped
Reflector.

It has a parallel Beta Match and BN-? balun.

With the reflector on the ground and the boom vertical
we see 1.2:1 at 14175; 2.5:1 at 21050; and 1.2:1 at
28.154.

Suspect this is a dual bander 20m and 10m, but need
the model to track down an manual so we can check
measurements.

Thanks for the help.

73, Chuck N7BV
EX:  6W8FP 9L1CA CN8ES

Sent by ePrompter, the premier email notification
software.