[TowerTalk] Crimp or Solder

ab7r at cablespeed.com ab7r at cablespeed.com
Thu Jun 21 09:54:37 EDT 2007

Good morning all,

I'm tired of trying to get a good PL-259 by soldering as my hands often shake too
much.  Though eventually I get it done.

I recently read some comments elsewhere that a well-crimped connector is just as
good, but wondering what you all think before I try it.  I'm not talking about the
tool that crimps regular connectors designed for soldering as I hear the tend to
crack the connector. But I am talking about the ratcheted type that leaves a hex
shaped-crimp on a connecter designed for it.  I would do this with both 9913 Davis
buryflex and LMR-240 UF.

Thanks!

73,
Greg - AB7R