[TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: vertical ground experiment

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Jun 21 19:00:46 EDT 2007

The 36 ohm number is for a infinitesimally thin vertical that
is 1/4 wave high as measured in free space wavelengths
(and hence will be somewhat off resonance).

Fat verticals have considerably lower driving point impedance
at 1/4 wave and furthermore, have to be shortened more to achieve
resonance, so the impedance at resonance is reduced even more.
If the vertical is tapered or has top loading, things get even stranger.

Rick N6RK